Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Home made Panorama Bracket



Here are photos of my my homemade pano bracket. Note that it is designed to position the focal plane behind the tripod attachment. Expensive brackets are designed for specific lenses and get the nodal point exact. This allows panoramas with very close objects in the foreground. Very rarely do I expierience a problem with my bracket. I shoot 8 or nine images with this lens (11-16 tokina) and use the viewfinder marks as a guide. I shoot then turn CC to line up the next shot with the right vertical line where the left verticle was. This works great.
If you want to be fancy and use the 10.5 fisheye lens you can shoot 6 shots and use your tripod as a guide. First shot on leg second between legs. Problem is you will have to straghten images in Nikon NX before stichting in CS3.
If I have not mentioned it panos must be shot verticle. Camera must be as level as possible.
I will be adding to this post as I have other great pano ideas. The panorama shown has a car only 2 feet from the lens and it stiched fine.

No comments: